1. EXPERIENCE – We have taught over 30,000 individual guitar lessons mostly in Colorado Springs, and we are PASSIONATE about teaching. We love teaching beginners! We customize lessons plans for every student, and instruct in such a way that any learning style can easily understand. This means that you or your child will actually learn how to play your instrument and have fun while doing it.
2. AFFORDABILITY – Our monthly tuition rates for guitar lessons start at $50 per month. Because of this, we are able to work with almost any budget situation to help you get the quality lessons you want and deserve. You won't sign any contracts here, so you are not locked into anything long term. You can can continue to take lessons as long as you like or stop any time you want.
3. SAFETY - Your family’s safety is a very high priority. Each studio is fitted with windows that are always unobstructed so you can watch the lesson being taught. Of course, parents can sit in on lessons. We understand that sometimes, your child (teenagers!) may not want you in the room. In addition we always have a ‘open door policy’ where a parent or sibling can come and go during a family members lesson.
4. OUR OWNER IS THE TEACHER – The Guitar Academy is owner operated. That means you are taking guitar lessons with the owner himself and not a hired employee. This also means you will benefit directly from his lifetime of teaching experience, currently over 30,000 lessons.
5. ENJOYMENT – We make learning your instrument FUN. How? More than any other reason is because the teachers at The Guitar Academy ENJOY teaching. We don’t teach after hours to pay a few extra bills. All we do is teach…. and help develop talented musicians! You won’t be learning how to play “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star” (unless you want to!) or “Skip To My Lou, My Darling”. One of your first assignments is to make a list of 12 to 15 songs that YOU would LOVE to be able to play on guitar. We will use that list to guide you through the process. You are always learning material you like, which keeps you motivated.
6. CONVENIENCE – We are located in Colorado Springs, not online. Our guitar instructor teaches guitar lessons from 12pm to 8pm Monday - Friday so there is always a day and time that will work for your schedule. We are located close to Austin Bluffs and Academy and our studio has ample off street parking. We even accept credit cards to make it more convenient for you to pay for lessons.
7. WE CAN RECORD YOUR LESSON –Students will always leave their guitar lesson with homework that has been written out. However, some students learn better when they can hear and/or see the lesson. To make your lesson time even more valuable, we allow you to record portions of the lesson so students can watch and learn at home. All they need is a phone that has video capability or a video camera. There is no extra charge for this.
8. NO CONTRACTS EVER - You won't sign any contracts here, so you are not locked into anything long term. Guitar lessons are booked on a month by month basis. You can can continue to take lessons as long as you like or stop any time you want.
9. PATIENT – We love helping people learn how to play guitar. Having learned ourselves and having taught hundreds of others to do the same, we know it is a process. More importantly, we enjoy the process. Patience is our middle name.
10. SPECIAL NEEDS ARE NO PROBLEM- We have worked with many special needs students. Some of our students live with Autism, ADD, ADHD and other various challenges. Jim has worked with many of these students, loves doing it, and has had great success. A handicap need not exclude a student from the joy of learning how to play an instrument.
Ready to get started? Call us now at 719-231-7195 and set up your first lesson.